Yup. We’ve gotten this far. EMOJIFIED BOOKS. Can you believe it?
Penguin Random House has released four books in their OMG Shakespeare series, which consists of Shakespeare’s renowned works turned into text messages with emojis. You’re probably thinking:
But trust me. They are a lot of fun to read, and super hilarious as well. So, I now present:
WHY YOU SHOULD READ THE OMG SHAKESPEARE BOOKS
YOU CAN RELATE.
Even fictional characters in the 1600s LOLed, and knew exactly what this feeling was like: 😨
2. READ/UNDERSTAND THE STORY WITHOUT HURTING YOUR BRAIN.
There will come a time and place for every student to read the beautiful writing of true Shakespeare. For those who are not quite there yet, these text emoji books are a breeze to read, and full of unique additions, like Facebook statuses, selfies, and more.
3. HAVE A LAUGH.
The stories are seamlessly told, with funny dialogue on each page.
4. GET TO KNOW THE CLASSICS BETTER.
Whether you’re a Shakespeare fanatic, or have never even heard of Romeo & Juliet (facepalm), these books are so enriching.
5. HAVE YOU EVER READ A BOOK COMPRISED ENTIRELY OF TEXT MESSAGES?!?
Seriously, you should read these. They’re quite an experience, and they’ll leave you wanting the next one.
So. Did I pitch it well-enough for you? If you’re interested in (re)visiting these classics in a refreshing way, here’s some more info about the books. You can also read my emoji review of the first two books HERE.
OMG Shakespeare Series
- Macbeth # killingit by William Shakespeare+Courtney Carbone
- A Midsummer’s Night #nofilter by William Shakespeare+Brett Wright
- YOLO Juliet by William Shakespeare+Brett Wright
- srsly Hamlet by William Shakespeare+Courtney Carbone
Published by Random House
Available in hardback and eBook