Hey guys! Today I am here with The Girls in Plaid Skirts again for our monthly Swap From the Swamp! Today’s topic: why we are excited for the Texas Teen Book Festival! Here are their reasons:
Hey Xander and Xander’s readers!
We’re super excited that the Texas Teen Book Festival is this weekend! This will be our third time to attend the festival. TTBF is always the highlight of our year! Here’s why we’re looking forward to it!
1) Meeting new bloggers/readers | We LOVE meeting our online friends IRL and making friends with all the other festival attendees!
2) Awesome swag | Let’s be honest, TTBF has the BEST book swag. We usually go home with a back full of bookmarks, posters, and lots of signed goodies.
3) Nerdy clothes | Lots of people take the opportunity to wear their nerdy shirts at TTBF where they’ll be surrounded by their fellow nerds. Doctor Who apparel is always in abundance!
4) Exploring Austin | Austin is a six-hour drive for us, so we spend the weekend and enjoy exploring the town. We’ve gone to BookPeople, the Texas State Capitol, and this year we hope to see the bats at the bat bridge!
5) Spending time with the besties | It’s been far too long since the three of us set off on an adventure. We can’t wait to see what’s in store for us this year.
6) Meeting YOU, Xander! | We’re excited to finally meet you after being online buddies for so long!
Don’t forget to check out thegirlsinplaidskirts.com to see what Xander is looking forward to this year at TTBF!
I can NOT wait to attend the festival! 🙂
And as always, click the pic to see my picks! WOAH.
Pingback: Swap From the Swamp: Texas Teen Book Festival! | The Girls in Plaid Skirts·